You have all been there for me, and I want to thank you with a big virtual hug for the amazing comments here on my website, Facebook, e-mail, and in person. The encouragement is overwhelming and has touched my heart in so many ways. Just know that I will pay it forward. Kindness breeds kindness, and I intend to do my part as well in as many ways as possible.
Top Ten reasons to live in a small town?
10. People actually make eye contact with you when you pass them by.
9. You can call the wrong number and still talk to the person on the other end for an hour.
8. There is no village idiot. We all take turns.
7. Weekend excitement involves a trip to Walmart.
6. You can name everyone you graduated with.
5. Teachers call you by your older sibling’s names.
4. You are related to more than half the town.
3. The local gas station sells live bait.
2. Little Smokies are something served on special occasions.
1. No, there is no Starbucks, but we're over it.
I realize that small towns are not for everyone, and the trends point to more people migrating to the bright lights of major cities, but I continue to relish a simpler, safer living.
Now, if only those crickets would just be quiet and go to sleep.